Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

E-Venture/Lesson 1: Class Questionare

   Over the summer, I met with a cohort from my graduate program.  While I already experienced a graduate program before, school changed dramatically.  When I completed my program posting to threads and emails were new and cutting edge.  Now, we live in a digital era.  I asked my cohort to show me some of the techniques she uses to communicate with her students greenly and digitally.  Rather than hand out an index card on the first day of class (for student backgrounds and interests),  I posted a link on my school web page created in google.docs. 

  To my pleasure, all of my students responded.  I can reconfigure the spreadsheet for the information I need, it has been most helpful.  For example, I search for contemporary readings to pair with the literature we read in class that match students interests.  Group work runs more smoothly when I consult this document, as I now how to create a successful group.

Most recently, I added another google.doc survey to know what equipment I needed for class presentations in my American literature class.  See Eventure 3.

Class Questionnaire Link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGpVR25Bek96OWxNTmRwRWJKVlhiX2c6MQ

Google Apps for Educators Link:
http://www.google.com/educators/p_apps.html

No comments:

Post a Comment